Rubio Returns to Florida
U.S senator Marco Rubio is back in the states after his first visit to Cuba.
The Florida republican toured the US Navy Base at Guantanamo Bay Tuesday.
The goal of the one day visit was to better understand how the facility plays a role in United States detention operations.
Rubio is Cuban-American, his parents originally coming here in 1956.
He says we should remember what those in Guantanamo are responsible for.
Rubio is a member of the senate intelligence committee delegation conducting oversight of Guantanamo Facilities.
- Rubio Returns to Florida
- Cuba To Turn Over Florida Couple And Children
- Court OKs Ruling Blocking Florida Cuba Contracts Law
- Professional Swimmer Attempts to Break Record
- Convicted Spy Wants to Go Home
- Woman's Swim from Cuba Cut Short
- Rubio: "I'm Not Going to be Vice President"
- Rubio's Immigration Push a Potential Lift for GOP
- Rubio to Deliver GOP Response to State of Union Speech
- Soldier Return to North Central Florida