Teacher in Trouble
A Central Florida high school teacher could lose her job after pictures of her students wearing a protective dog collar showed up on Facebook.
The science teacher referred to the collar as the "Cone of Shame" and used it as punishment.
The teacher told administrations she gave students the option of wearing the cone or sitting at the tardy table when they came late for class.
She says it was inspired by the Disney cartoon movie "Up," and was only meant as a joke.
School officials learned about the incident when students posted pictures on Facebook last month.
One student who wore the cone tells Tampa TV affiliate WFLA it was just a fun distraction and wasn't meant to embarrass anyone.
The teacher is appealing the decision to fire her and has hired an attorney.
- Tampa teacher in trouble with the law
- Teacher in Trouble for Facebook Comments
- Teacher In Trouble
- NOON UPDATE: Another Carnival Cruise Ship in Trouble
- Tallahassee Area Teacher Killed In Wreck With Bus
- No Privacy When Telling On Your Teacher
- Teacher's Pay Raise Merit Based
- Teachers Feared for Boy Police Say Was Abused
- State Education Chief Defends Teacher Evaluations
- Teachers Lawsuit