JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a man has died after his car collided with a train in northeast Florida.
According to Florida Highway Patrol, Beau James Taylor of Jacksonville died at the scene. Troopers say two railroad cars were derailed in the crash early Sunday in St. Johns County.
It's not known what caused the crash. The FHP report says the arms of the rail crossing gate were down and flashing.
On Saturday, police say a 98-year-old woman's car got stuck between the arms of a rail crossing gate in Jacksonville as a train approached.
Police tell The Florida Times-Union that the train's conductor tried to stop but still struck the car at a slow speed. The train hit the driver's side but the woman was not injured.
- Train Crash Leaves One Dead
- New Baseball Spring Training Initiative
- Deadly Hit and Run Crash in Marion County Over the Weekend
- Train and Tractor-Trailer Collision in Plant City
- Crushed by Train
- Panhandle Man Sleeping on Tracks Killed by Train
- Driver Killed in Collision with Train
- Argentine Train Crash Death Toll at 50
- Insufficient Brake Force Blamed in Canada Train Crash
- 2 dead in Suwannee County crash