GOLDEN GATE, Fla. (AP) - A 41-year-old southwest Florida woman is facing attempted murder charges after deputies say she set fire to her home.
James Lanham told deputies that he awoke shortly around 1 a.m. Sunday to find his wife, Lisa Lanham, setting their home on fire with a lighter. Another man who was living in a shed converted into a makeshift bedroom behind the residence also told deputies that he awoke to Lisa Lanham lighting his bed on fire.
The house and storage shed were in flames when deputies arrived. James Lanham was not injured. The other man received minor burns to his hands and feet.
Collier County Sheriff's deputies charged her with one count of attempted murder, two counts of arson of a dwelling, and one count of arson with bodily injury.
- Attempted Murder Suspect Shot by Police
- Murder-Remains Found
- Boy Charged With Murder
- Air Force Airwoman Charged in Boyfriend's Murder
- Brush Fires
- Fatal Fire
- Officers Fired for Drinking at Strip Club on Duty
- House Catches Fire Twice in Two Days
- Man Shoots at Deputies, Charged with Attempted Murder
- Attempted Cat Rescue