Debate Rises Over President Obama's Birth Certificate
TALLAHASSEE, Fl- The so-called "birther" debate has landed in a Florida courtroom.
A circuit court judge in Tallahassee this morning listened to arguments over President Barack Obama's birth certificate.
Plaintiff and registered democrat Michael Voeltz is asking through his attorney that the presidents name be taken off the ballot because he says Barack Obama is not a citizen.
Attorney Larry Klayman says there are serious issues with the president's citizenship and he wants to take testimony from officials in Hawaii.
Attorneys for the president and the secretary of state asked the suit be thrown out because democrats do not have an official nominee and won't until after their convention in early September.
The judge has given both sides a week to find additional paperwork.
- President Obama Talks Easy Pleasey Lemon Squeezy With TV 20's David Snyder
- Reactions to President Obama's Immigration Order
- TV20's Exclusive Interview With President Obama-Part 2
- TV20's Exclusive Interview with President Obama-Part 1
- President Obama's State of the Union Transcript
- Transcript of President Obama's Speech on Budget Deal
- Young Voters React to President Obama's DNC Speech
- Obama's Budget Would Eliminate NASA's Moon Mission
- Obama's Healthcare Reform: One Year Later
- GOP Vows to Reverse Obama Birth Control Policy