Sanford Police Chief Fired
Published June 21st, 2012
Around the state, the chief of police, criticized for his handling of the Trayvon Martin's case is out of a job today.
The Sanford city manager made the decision to fire former police chief Bill Lee.
Lee came under fire after his department failed to arrest George Zimmerman.
Zimmerman is the neighborhood watch volunteer who said he shot Martin in self-defense on February 26th.
Lee had submitted his resignation in April, but city commissioners voted not to accept it.
- New Interim Police Chief in Sanford
- Officials to Vote on Sanford Chief's Resignation
- Sanford Police Investigating Drive-by Shooting
- Shot Fired in Sanford
- Trenton Police Chief Under Fire
- Trenton Police Chief Fired
- Trenton Police Chief Officially Fired
- Police Chief in Martin Case Remains Under Scrutiny
- Police Chief Steps Down
- Police Chief Arrested for DUI