Officer Shot, Wounded in 6-hour Standoff
PALM BAY, Fla. (AP) - Police in central Florida have arrested a man they say shot and wounded an officer during a six-hour standoff.
The Palm Bay Police Department reports Mark Clark has been charged with attempted murder of a law enforcement officer, aggravated battery of an officer and aggravated assault.
According to authorities, two officers went to Clark's home Saturday evening to arrest him on a charge of aggravated assault.
After a brief conversation, police say Clark opened fire. Officer James Bearden was wounded in the left side of his jaw. Another officer injured his elbow when he fell as he returned fire.
Bearden was treated and released from the hospital.
SWAT teams, crisis negotiators and others responded to the scene. After several hours, Clark surrendered. He sustained minor injuries.
- Titans Player Found With Gun Shot Wound to Head
- Car Bomb kills 37, Wounds 141 in Southern Pakistan
- 5 Shot, 1 Dead at Williston Festival
- Suspect Shot, Killed Following Chase
- Former Police Captain's Son is Shot, Killed
- Two People Shot, Two Homes Invaded
- Miami Officer Shot
- Man Fires Shots Inside Office Building In Largo
- Wife Shot
- Several shot at Sikh temple in Wisconsin