OVIEDO, Fla. (AP) - A central Florida soldier has been killed in Afghanistan.
The Department of Defense said Sunday that Capt. Bruce A. MacFarlane of Oviedo died Friday in Kandahar, Afghanistan. No additional details about the 46-year-old soldier's death were released.
MacFarlane was assigned to the 1186th Transportation Company, 831st Transportation Battalion in Jacksonville.
- Man Who Killed Longest Python Gets its Snakeskin
- Panhandle Man Sleeping on Tracks Killed by Train
- 2 Soldiers Killed in Afghanistan IED Attack
- Soldier Killed in Afghanistan Buried in Panhandle
- Georgia Soldier Gets Hearing in Death of Pregnant Wife
- Florida Highway Trooper Killed
- Car Bomb kills 37, Wounds 141 in Southern Pakistan
- Rivers Receding in Calgary After Flooding Kills Three
- Suicide Bomb Shootings Kill Nine in Northern Iraq
- Local Soldier Killed in Iraq