Teen on Trial
The trial has started in the case of a Florida teen charged with nearly stomping a girl to death in 2010.
Broward County investigators say 17-year-old Wayne Treacy attacked Josie Lou Ratley after an apparent text messaging argument.
Ratley suffered irreparable brain damage from the beating and she has no memory of the incident.
The accused attacker is charged with first-degree attempted murder.
If convicted, he faces up to 50 years behind bars.
Jurors will be asked to decide if Treacy, who texted his violent plans to the victim and to two friends, was legally insane at the time of the attack.
- Casey Anthony Asks For Delay In Trial
- Trial Delayed in Brewer Case
- Teen Burn Victim, Arrested on Drug Charges
- Brevard County Teen Gets Bitten by Shark and Thinks it is Cool
- Competency Exam Delays Burned Teen Trial
- Trial Continues of Teen Accused of Double Murder
- Testimony Concludes in Fla. Teen Beating Trial
- Lewd Teacher on Trial in California
- Football Coach Facing Trial
- Nurse on Trial for Capital Murder