Teenager Recovering from Alligator Attack
Published July 16th, 2012
The teenager who recently lost his arm to an alligator is finally back at home this week.
The gator took Fred Langdale's arm while he was swimming in a river near his Southwest Florida home.
Seventeen year old self proclaimed outdoorsman says he just wants to get back to the life he loves.
Langdale will be back here at the hospital in a couple weeks to have his stitches removed then he'll be fitted for a prosthetic arm about four-six weeks later, but he says he's not too worried about what happens next.
He says he has been playing Xbox, and looking up things on the computer.
The teen says he will always have a reminder from that day, but he isn't afraid of a second encounter.
His mother says several organizations have chipped in to fund his prosthetic arm.
And with an x-ray reminder of that fateful day, he's still not afraid of a second encounter.
- Woman Loses Arm After Alligator Attack
- Troublesome Alligator Removed From Neighborhood
- Teen Recovering After Spear Removed From His Brain
- Surfer Recovering From Shark Bite
- Alligator attacks man
- Burned Fla. Teen Thought He Would Die From Attack
- Teenager Loses Eye after a "Brutal" Attack
- Boy Recovers From Surgery, Faces Several More
- Keystone Heights Woman Recovers From H1N1 Virus
- New York Family Still Recovering from Starke Crash