Woman Allegedly Bites Off Tip of Boyfriend's Finger
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Hillsborough deputies say a 22-year-old man wielded a kitchen knife at his pregnant girlfriend and punched her in the face. But she fought back and allegedly bit off the tip of his finger in self-defense.
The incident happened Monday. Officials charged Reginald Gefferie with aggravated battery on a pregnant female and false imprisonment. He was taken to the hospital but doctors couldn't reattach the finger tip.
Gefferie is now in jail without bail. It's unclear whether he has retained an attorney.
Deputies say Gefferie and girlfriend Junie Dieujuste were arguing when Gefferie pointed a knife at Dieujuste. Officials say he pushed and punched her in the face.
According to authorities, Dieujuste fought back in self-defense, eventually biting off the tip of the middle finger on his right hand.
- Air Force Airwoman Charged in Boyfriend's Murder
- Alligator Bites Off Swimming Teen's Arm in Florida
- Missing woman's boyfriend arrested, family searching for answers
- Woman Charged with Biting Ear of Another Woman
- Gator Takes a Bite Out of Man's Car
- Tailgate Fever- 'Home-Gating' Tips
- Fla. Officer Allegedly Had Sex, Didn't Reveal HIV
- Pregnant Woman Arrested For Attacking Boyfriend
- Woman Burns Boyfriends Son
- Woman confesses to stabbing boyfriend