Authorities Investigate South Fla. Day Care Death
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities in Broward County are investigating the death of a 4-year-old boy who was pulled from a hot day care vehicle where he had been left alone.
The Broward Sheriff's Office says Jordan Coleman was found unconscious in the vehicle Wednesday afternoon with temperatures in the low 90s. Attempts to revive the boy failed, and he was pronounced dead a short time later.
The vehicle belonged to the 3C's Day Academy in Sunrise. BSO's Child Protective Investigations Section is investigating the boy's death and the safety of other children at the day care center. Authorities say the center is now closed.
An autopsy was done Thursday on the boy's body but the results have not yet been announced. No one has been charged in the case.
- Sebelius to Make Stops in Fla. for Health Care Law
- Trial set in abuse death of autistic Fla. girl
- Fla. dog owner gets 10 years in boy's death
- Police Investigate Thieves Stealing Checks Across Fla.
- Fla. Woman Arrested in Death of Fiance in Tennessee
- Authorities Arrest Six in South Florida Crime Ring
- Oil Spill Could Reach Fla. Beaches In Coming Days
- Fla Senate Advance Negron's Health Care Bill
- Funeral For Ga. Family Killed In Fla. Crash
- Fla. Teens Charged with Shooting BB Gun at Driver