Coast Guard Testing Shoreline Protection Strategies
The Coast Guard is partnering with other federal agencies and private companies to test shoreline protection strategies.
On August 9th, the group deployed 7,500 feet of oil-containing boom in Biscayne Bay, off the Miami coast.
The exercise is part of the tidal inlet protection strategy with Florida's comprehensive oil spill response plan spurred by the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Coast Guard Searches for 3 Missing Boaters in the Gulf
- Coast Guard Rescues Farmer at Sea
- Coast Guard Repatriates 7 Cuban Migrants
- Drug Bust off Miami Coast
- Football-Brain Testing
- Measure of Success Part 1: Put It to the Test
- North Korea Continues Nuclear Testing
- 3/12/13 Pet of the Day: Daisy the "guard dog"
- Protection Against Fake Websites
- Internet Safety Tips for Parents to Protect Kids