Coast Guard Testing Shoreline Protection Strategies
The Coast Guard is partnering with other federal agencies and private companies to test shoreline protection strategies.
On August 9th, the group deployed 7,500 feet of oil-containing boom in Biscayne Bay, off the Miami coast.
The exercise is part of the tidal inlet protection strategy with Florida's comprehensive oil spill response plan spurred by the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Coast Guard Crew Rescues Men Stranded at Sea for Eight Days
- Coast Guard Searches for Nine Fishermen Off The Coast of Haiti
- $20 Million in Cocaine Confiscated by Coast Guard
- Coast Guard searches for boater after collision
- Coast Guard Repatriates 7 Cuban Migrants
- Coast Guard to Help Release Baby Sea Turtles
- Coast Guard Searches for 3 Missing Boaters in the Gulf
- Coast Guard Sending Help to Vessel off of Puerto Rico
- Family with Five Children Rescued by Coast Guard
- Coast Guard Rescues Farmer at Sea