There are multiple victims in a shooting in the town of Bell. We have confirmed there are deaths.
Mail Carrier Slaying
MIAMI (AP) - One of two men charged in the 2010 slaying of a Miami mail carrier has pleaded guilty to charges that could send him to prison for life.
Saubnet Dwayne Politesse pleaded guilty Monday to charges of conspiracy to affect commerce by robbery, carjacking resulting in death and other counts. Politesse faces a minimum mandatory 10-year sentence and up to life behind bars.
Prosecutors say Politesse and fellow defendant Pikerson Mentor robbed and killed 60-year-old mail carrier Bruce Parton at an apartment complex in December 2010. Mentor has pleaded not guilty.
Investigators say the pair targeted Parton so they could get a special master key that can open mailboxes in a wide geographic area. Their goal was allegedly to steal people's identities by intercepting mail that contains sensitive personal information.
- Mail Carrier Attacked by Ocala Man
- Rick Scott Makes E-Mail Available to Public
- US Navy Deploys 2nd Aircraft Carrier to Persian Gulf
- Virginia Lacrosse Slaying
- Mom, Aunt Of Georgia Baby Slaying Suspect Arrested
- Trenton Man Arrested For Slaying Golden Retriever With a Machete
- USPS to Announce Closure of Mail Processing Facilities
- Alachua County Sheriff's Office E-mail Causes Controversy Over Racism
- Florida Democrast Drop Mail-in Primary Idea
- Is your Tax Rebate In The Mail?