Tampa Family Mourns after Murder Suicide
Clearwater, FL--A Tampa area family is coping with the loss of two young children and their mother - after she killed them and then took her own life over the weekend.
Deputies say Dawn Brown killed her boys before hanging herself sometime Friday evening.
Her husband found her first-then their 9-year-old and 5-year-old boys tucked in bed, dressed in pajamas, already dead.
The family is devastated.
"We'll never know what she was thinking, but I can only imagine the pain that she was feeling."
Sources say Dawn faced welfare fraud charges for not reporting her husband's new job and illegally receiving food stamps.
She then sunk into depression.
Also their house, which is in foreclosure, had it's electricity turned off recently.
- Family Spotlight 9/30/10 "Depression and Suicide"
- Tampa School District's Special Needs Policies Under Review After Student Death
- No New Leads Six Years After Mother/Daughter Murdered
- Dealing with Depression
- Family and Friends Mourn PFC Wayne Vincent
- Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Cedar Key Boy
- Family Mourns Death of Cedar Key Boy
- Friends and Family Mourn where Cheerleader's Body was Found
- Family Mourns Loss of Daughter at Hands of Father
- Bizarre Murder/Suicide Premeditated?