Teen Pleads Guilty to Sexually Assaulting and Killing Jacksonville Toddler
JACKSONVILLE - A teen has pleaded guilty to killing and sexually assaulting a Jacksonville toddler.
Just hours before jury selection was set to begin in his trial, 17-year-old Javarris Jawon Lane pleaded guilty Monday to second-degree murder, aggravated child abuse and sexual battery of a child younger than 12.
He faces a possible life sentence at an Oct. 15 hearing.
Authorities say Lane was babysitting 13-month-old Alexandria Williams in September 2011 when he struck the girls head twice against a dresser.
The Florida Times-Union reports that Lane had originally told police that the child had fallen from a bed. The child died a week after the attack.
Prosecutors say Lane also had use an object on the child's privates the same day of the attack.
- Teen Pleads Not Guilty in Ohio Cragslist Killings
- Man Pleads Not Guilty To Murdering Teen
- Florida Man Charged in $80M Drug Heist Pleads Not Guilty
- BP Oil Pleads Guilty to Manslaughter
- Accused Would-Be-Terrorist Pleads Not Guilty in Tampa
- Florida Woman Pleads Not Guilty in 'Toxic Tush' Case
- Man Known as "Romeo Bandit" Pleads Not Guilty
- Man Charged in Abortion Clinic Fire Pleads Guilty
- Hazing Suspects Plead Not Guilty To New Charges
- Man Pleads Guilty To Fatally Stabbing Bears Fan