Flooding in Miami
Published October 17th, 2012
A high tide continued to flood parts of Miami Beach on Tuesday morning.
Business owners left sandbags outside, looking to keep the water out.
Scientists at the National Oceanic and atmospheric administration said fall high tides are expected to be unusually high the next few days.
Miami Beach officals have blamed part of the problem on a nearly half-century-old drainage infrastructure that will cost about two hundred million dollars and twenty years to fix.
- Two Rescued and Two Missing off Horseshoe Beach
- Florida Beach Closed After Reports Of Shark Bite
- Five More Horses Positive For Equine Herpes Virus in Florida
- Police Find New Evidence On Aguilar's Case
- Boy Falls from Panama City Balcony
- Popcorn Machine Fire Leads To Evacuation Of Theater
- Human Remains Found In Missing Boy's Yard
- Woman Gets Life For Killing Ex-Husband
- Arkansas Man Drowns Off Panama City Beach
- Man Guilty Of Infant's Death