Air Force Crash in Florida
Published November 16th, 2012
Air Force officials are investigating what caused a jet to crash in the Florida Panhandle.
A release from the Air Force the F-22 Raptor went down Thursday afternoon near Tyndall Air Force Base, just south of Panama City.
The pilot ejected safely before the crash and was receiving medical treatment at the base.
A section of the highway was closed as a safety precaution as rescuers responded to the scene.
There were no immediate reports of injuries on the ground.
- Air Force Drone Crash Closes Remote Fla. Highway
- Air Force Airwoman Charged in Boyfriend's Murder
- Mission to Save Historic Barrack at Air Force Base
- Florida Mens Basketball Tops Air Force
- Florida Task Force on Self-defense Laws to Start Work
- Two car crash sends water shooting into the air
- Alaskan Air-Taxi Crashes, Killing all 10 People Aboard
- Tribute Paid to Air Show Crash Victims
- Fatal Crash on South Florida Highway
- Two Killed In Southwest Florida Crash