Coast Guard Rescues Farmer at Sea
In South Florida, a farmer was treading water for hours while clinging to a cooler lid until he was rescued by the Coast Guard.
The man along with his brother went fishing on Sunday off the coast of Miami when a large wave capsized their boat.
The other brother was able to swim to shore.
But the one who was not wearing a lifejacket held on to the top of a cooler for 7 hours until help arrived.
His loved ones say they are thankful he's alright.
"He was out on the boat and the wake was too big and it basically capsized the boat and he said it happened too fast, he wasn't able to grab or do anything."- Vanessa Florido, Victim's Girlfriend
Both brothers were taken to the hospital.
The Coast Guard took the opportunity to remind boaters to wear the life jackets they have on board.
- Coast Guard Crew Rescues Men Stranded at Sea for Eight Days
- Coast Guard to Help Release Baby Sea Turtles
- Family with Five Children Rescued by Coast Guard
- Coast Guard Searches for 3 Missing Boaters in the Gulf
- Coast Guard Testing Shoreline Protection Strategies
- Coast Guard Repatriates 7 Cuban Migrants
- Coast Guard Sending Help to Vessel off of Puerto Rico
- 4 Men Rescued After Being Lost At Sea For 6 Days
- Drug Bust off Miami Coast
- Coast Guard Searches for Nine Fishermen Off The Coast of Haiti