Man Flies American Flag Upside Down to Make Statement
Jack Haggerty, of Jacksonville, is flying an American flag upside down in front of his home, to the dismay of his neighbors.
He says he is making a statement and is tired of being berated for it.
Haggerty is a Marine Corp veteran who served in the Korean War.
His brothers and father also served in combat, one brother being killed in action.
He claims to be as American as anyone, but is unhappy with the direction the country is heading, both politically and economically.
Haggerty wrote a letter explaining his military history and why he chose to make this statement, to give to his neighbors to try and help them understand.
He plans to leave the flag up through the end of the year.
- Homeowner Uses Upside Down American Flag to Prostest Direction of Country
- Man Flies Ku Klux Klan and Confederate Flag Outside His Home
- Jacksonville International Airport Open Again After Being Shut Down for Removal of Destructive Device
- American Flags Fly High in Cedar Key on Independence Day
- Man stabbed outside Walmart in Jacksonville
- Sarasota Man Takes Down Would-Be Robber
- Woman Attacked by Shark in Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Dog Learns to Surf
- 100 Year Old Woman Becomes American Citizen
- Columbia HS student suspended for flying flag