Sinkholes Open in Central Florida
Published November 14th, 2012
It started with one yard, a giant sinkhole nearly sixty feet wide swallowed up the whole lawn.
Now engineers are worried the same thing could happen to dozens of nearby homes in Central Florida.
There's a ground water system connecting two bodies of water that may be to blame for the sinkhole.
The homeowner noticed it Monday morning and his insurance company sent out geo-technical engineer to investigate.
Neighbors say they're scrambling to add sinkhole protection to their policies.
- Verizon to Open Finance Center in Central Florida
- Another Case of Meningitis in North Central Florida
- North Central Florida Honors Fallen Soldier
- North Central Florida Residents Monitor Rising Water Levels Along the Santa Fe
- Schools Across North Central Florida Begin FCAT Testing
- Central Florida Priest Arrested
- Neuroscience Center Opens In Florida
- Florida Python Hunt Opens with 11 Snakes Killed
- Sinkhole Swallows Florida Man: Crews Call Off Search
- Sinkhole Swallows Man