Death toll adjusted down to 24 in Moore, OK by medical examiner; warns it will go up.
CORAL SPRINGS, Fla. (AP) - Police say a man shot his estranged wife and father-in-law in Coral Springs.
Thomas Maffei faces charges that include attempted murder, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and child abuse. Jail records show he's being held in the Broward County Jail on $11,000 bond. It was not immediately known if he has an attorney.
Coral Springs police say the 45-year-old fired shots through the front door of his wife's apartment on Friday night. He then held her and her father captive, firing at them both. The Sun Sentinel reports the shooting happened in front of the couple's 4-year-old boy. He was not harmed.
The woman and her father were taken to the hospital in serious condition with gunshot wounds.
Police say the couple was going through a divorce.
- Officer Shot, Wounded in 6-hour Standoff
- Several shot at Sikh temple in Wisconsin
- Calls: Zimmerman Told Wife to Buy Bulletproof Vest
- Senior Citizen Kills Wife Before Taking His Own Life
- Wife Watches as Stunt Pilot Husband's Plane Crashes
- Retired Cop Arrested For Killing Wife
- Shot Fired in Sanford
- Community Immunity: Flu Shots
- Deputy Fatally Shot-Suspect
- Titans Player Found With Gun Shot Wound to Head