Crist Joins Democratic Party
The transformation is complete.
Former Florida Governor Charlie Crist is now officially a member of the Democratic Party. Crist made the announcement on his "Twitter" account while at the White House Friday night. A photo he attached to the post shows him holding up a voter registration form.
Crist was elected State Attorney General and then Governor as a Republican. But things began to go wrong for him in 2010 when he was defeated in the Primary Election for U.S. Senate by Marco Rubio. Crist left the GOP to run in the General Election as an Independent, where he lost as well.
His eventual association with the Democratic Party was highlighted when he spoke at the Party's national convention in September.
- Charlie Crist Changes to Democratic Party
- Charlie Crist Comes to Town
- Crist Officially Switches Parties
- Alachua County Democratic Party Wants Alachua County Democratic Black Caucus Charter Revoked
- Democratic Chair Steps Down 'While Party is Strong'
- Rod Smith Named Chair of Florida Democratic Party
- FL Lt. Governor Carlos Lopez-Cantera Visits Ocala Business Owners
- Local Statehouse Representative Unveils New District Office
- Race to the Governor's Office
- Close Race to Governor's Mansion