Neuroscience Center Opens In Florida
JUPITER, Fl- Germany's leading research center has opened the doors to a new facility in South Florida.
The Max PlanckFlorida Institute for Neuroscience officially cut the ribbon on its building in Jupiter on Wednesday.
The 60-year-old organization has more than 80 centers in all, but this is its first location in America.
Its researchers will be exploring fundamental brain processes.
They hope to make discoveries that could lead to cures for diseases including schizophrenia and alzheimer's.
- Attacking Alzheimer's
- Rare Brain Disease Often Mistaken for Alzheimer's
- Verizon to Open Finance Center in Central Florida
- 'Stand Your Ground' Law at Center of Florida Shooting
- The Cancer Center Opens at North Florida Regional Medical Center
- Kennel Opens at Orlando Domestic Violence Center
- Alzheimer's: Local Help for a National Epidemic
- Sinkholes Open in Central Florida
- Florida Python Hunt Opens with 11 Snakes Killed
- Alachua County Tax Collector's Office Opens Third Location