New Florida Sheriffs
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - A ceremony is being held in Tallahassee to pay respect to fallen officers and to swear in 15 new sheriffs in Florida.
The Florida Sheriffs Association is holding its New Sheriffs Institute with a Remembering Our Roots ceremony Sunday at the Florida Sheriffs Law Enforcement Memorial Wall in north Florida. A statement from the association says three officers have been killed in the line of duty this year, and this ceremony is an opportunity for the new sheriffs "to pay their respects and see first hand the dedication of Sheriff's deputies."
The organization offers the New Sheriffs Institute every four years following elections. The counties that have new incoming sheriffs are" Brevard, Broward, Calhoun, Charlotte, Flagler, Franklin, Gilchrist, Gulf, Levy, Liberty, Marion, Martin, Monroe, Nassau and Wakulla.
- 62nd Florida Folk Festival This Weekend
- New Florida University
- Texting & Driving May Soon Be Illegal In Florida
- Deputy Robert Lundy Awarded Florida Sheriff's AssociatIon Law Enforcement Officer of the Year
- Obama to Visit Florida Over the Weekend
- Armed Woman Robs Bank in Marion County
- Hillsborough Sheriff Donates Rehabilitated Horses To A Youth Ranch
- Man Robs Bank Wearing Santa Claus Disguise
- Flight From Florida Diverted To New York
- Florida Counties to Sue Over New State Medicaid Law