New Florida Sheriffs
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - A ceremony is being held in Tallahassee to pay respect to fallen officers and to swear in 15 new sheriffs in Florida.
The Florida Sheriffs Association is holding its New Sheriffs Institute with a Remembering Our Roots ceremony Sunday at the Florida Sheriffs Law Enforcement Memorial Wall in north Florida. A statement from the association says three officers have been killed in the line of duty this year, and this ceremony is an opportunity for the new sheriffs "to pay their respects and see first hand the dedication of Sheriff's deputies."
The organization offers the New Sheriffs Institute every four years following elections. The counties that have new incoming sheriffs are" Brevard, Broward, Calhoun, Charlotte, Flagler, Franklin, Gilchrist, Gulf, Levy, Liberty, Marion, Martin, Monroe, Nassau and Wakulla.
- Feds OK Florida Access to Citizens List
- Fatal Crash on South Florida Highway
- Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi Files Suit Against BP Over 2010 Spill
- New Florida University
- New North Central Florida Sheriff
- The New Lifestyle Health Fair
- Funeral plans set for slain North Florida detective
- Federal judge rules on Florida water pollution limits
- Corals transplanted from Florida lab to Atlantic waters
- Florida Voting