Woman Sentenced To Life In Prison For Accident Involving Officer
NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (AP) - A Tampa Bay area woman has been sentenced to 15 years in prison for dragging a deputy with her truck while trying to escape.
A Pasco County judge sentenced 23-year-old Brittany Miles on Tuesday. She was convicted last month of battery on a law enforcement officer. She had been facing an attempted murder charge, which would have carried a possible life sentence.
Authorities say Miles was pulled over for possible DUI last year. She was handcuffed and placed in the back of Deputy Ashley Grady's cruiser. Miles managed to escape and drive off. Grady was seriously injured when she tried to stop the truck.
After getting away from the deputy, authorities say Miles made her way to Hernando County, where she hit and killed 67-year-old motorcyclist Henry McCain. She is set to be tried for McCain's murder next year.
- Officers investigating deadly traffic accident involving a woman in a wheelchair
- Man Sentenced to Life in Prison
- Austin Jones Sentenced to Life in Prison without Parole
- Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Killing Stepfather
- Maranda Martin Sentenced to Life in Prison for Murder of Paul Quandt Sr.
- Marion County Convicted Rapist Michael Frye Sentenced to Life in Prison
- Reinaldo Cortes sentenced to life in prison
- Univeristy of Florida Police Officer Involved In Accident
- Former Gainesville Police Officer Receives Two Year Prison Sentence
- Man Sentenced To Prison for Killing Professor