Airplane Fender Bender
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say no one was injured when two airplanes got into a sort of fender-bender at a Florida airport.
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue says a taxiing Spirit Airlines Airbus A-320 clipped a US Airways Airbus A-320. The US Airways jet was parked Monday night in a remote area away from the gate at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.
Spirit spokeswoman Misty Pinson says a flight from Atlanta was taxiing to its gate when its left wing clipped the parked plane. Pinson says all 162 passengers on board got off at the gate as normal, and the plane returned to service.
Authorities say the US Airways aircraft was left with a gash in its tail section.
Firefighters were called to the scene, but there was no fuel leak from either aircraft.
- Fender Bender Nightmare: The Cost of Florida's Uninsured
- Passenger in Palatka Plane Crash Dies
- Local Zombie Movie Produced, Despite Tragedy
- World War II Planes Come To Ocala
- Tim Tebow comforts family when man has apparent heart attack
- Cocaine found on commercial planes
- Agro-Terrorism: From the Farm to the Fork
- Silver Springs Opens As State Park
- State of the State Address
- Gov. Scott Appoints 5 New Members To State Board Over Universities