Airplane Fender Bender
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say no one was injured when two airplanes got into a sort of fender-bender at a Florida airport.
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue says a taxiing Spirit Airlines Airbus A-320 clipped a US Airways Airbus A-320. The US Airways jet was parked Monday night in a remote area away from the gate at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.
Spirit spokeswoman Misty Pinson says a flight from Atlanta was taxiing to its gate when its left wing clipped the parked plane. Pinson says all 162 passengers on board got off at the gate as normal, and the plane returned to service.
Authorities say the US Airways aircraft was left with a gash in its tail section.
Firefighters were called to the scene, but there was no fuel leak from either aircraft.
- SIMULATED AIRPLANE FIRE
- FHP Uses Airplanes To Catch Speeders
- Agro-Terrorism: From the Farm to the Fork
- Gov. Scott Appoints 5 New Members To State Board Over Universities
- Citizens Gather to Hear About Silver Springs Tranistion Plan
- George Zimmerman "Stand Your Ground" Hearing
- Van Poyck Executed for Murder of South Florida Corrections Officer
- Unions Thank Senator Oelrich For Anti-Prison Privatization Stance
- Proposed Bill Increases Penalties for Car Chase Murders
- Stabbing at Florida State Dorm