Broward Deputy Arrested
OAKLAND PARK, Fla. (AP) - A Broward sheriff's deputy has been arrested for possessing a controlled substance.
The Broward Sheriff's Office Internal Affairs and the Public Corruption Task Force arrested 45-year-old John Brindle on Friday on one count of possession of a controlled substance.
A sheriff's office statement says investigators received a tip that Brindle was purchasing oxycodone pills without a prescription in Oakland Park. Detectives conducted surveillance and later arrested him after he purchased the pills.
The statement says Brindle used his position as a detective and intimidation to obtain eight oxycodone pills.
Brindle worked as a detective in Pompano Beach for seven years. He was previously employed at Broward Sheriff's Office for eight years.
He is currently suspended with pay pending prosecution by the State Attorney's Office.
- Couple Charged With Welfare Fraud
- Robber Steals Cash from a "Check 'N Go" Store
- Deputy Involved in Fatal Shooting
- Two Tampa Bay Deputies Shoot Suspect Several Times
- Fugitive Arrest
- Smuggling Arrest
- Three Men Arrested for Inhumanely Slaughtering Animals in South Florida
- Competency Exam Delays Burned Teen Trial
- Cigarette Thieves Hit South Florida
- Remains found in canal believed to belong to missing couple from 1978