Florida Unveils New Economic Development Brand
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Florida is banking on a catchy new slogan and a logo featuring an orange necktie to attract more businesses to the state.
Gov. Rick Scott and Enterprise Florida, a public-private partnership that promotes economic development, announced the state's new business brand on Thursday in Tallahassee.
The slogan is "Florida is the perfect climate for business."
The logo is the word "FLORIDA" in green capital letters except for the "I," which is orange and in the shape of a tie.
Enterprise Florida is seeking $3 million from the state and $1.5 million from private donors for a campaign based on the new brand.
It's a brand the state, though, must share with University of Miami football coach Al Golden whose trade mark is the orange tie he wears on the sidelines.
- Florida Unveils New Economic Development Brand
- North Florida Economic Development Summit
- Local Statehouse Representative Unveils New District Office
- Fla. DCF Unveils New, Cheerful Logo, Website
- SunRail Jobs Should Increase Economic Development
- High Springs' Mayor's Economic Development Task Force
- Shuttle Enterprise Heads to New York City
- Space Shuttle Enterprise Zooms Over NYC on Jet
- New Shooting Policy For Miami Beach Police
- Alachua Humane Society Gets Brand New Location