Senator Nelson Joins Hunt for Pythons
Senator Bill Nelson, as well as 800 others, are participating in the hunt for Bumese Pythons in South Florida.
The state's Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission is offering a total of $2,500 in cash prizes for the hunter who bags the most and the longest of the snakes.
The Burmese Python is not native to North America and has no natural predators in the Everglades.
Senator Nelson also introduced legislation that led to the 2012 federal ban on importing and trading of the pythons.
- 27 Pythons Killed So Far In Florida's Python Hunt
- Senator Bill Nelson Speaks at UF
- Florida Python Hunt Continues
- Florida Python Hunt Opens with 11 Snakes Killed
- Largest Python Ever Found in Everglades
- New Poll: Obama Leads Romney in Florida, Bill Nelson Ahead in Senate Race
- Senator Bill Nelson On Health Care
- Senator Bill Nelson Visits UF
- Senator Bill Nelson Tours Silver Springs
- Python Challenge