South Florida DJ Battle Heats Up
Published January 18th, 2013
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Radio DJ Bubba The Love Sponge Clem took the stand in his own defamation trial in Tampa.
Wednesday was the third day of Clem's trial. He is being sued by Todd "MJ" Schnitt, who says Clem's claims on the radio were revenge for an old feud and an attempt to gain higher ratings by ruining the Schnitt's reputation.
Schnitt says Clem called his wife - who was an assistant state attorney at the time - a "whore" on air. Clem also said Schnitt had engaged in "plugola," plugging businesses on his show for favors. Schnitt denies this.
Clem's attorneys said Wednesday that Clem was merely exercising his right to free speech.
The jury heard several of Clem's radio broadcasts and heard from Clem himself.
- Van Poyck Executed for Murder of South Florida Corrections Officer
- Sheriff: 3 kids among 5 dead in South Florida
- South Florida Drug Scandal Causes FHSAA to Rethink Testing Policies
- Woman Arrested After Scamming South Florida Students
- Authorities Arrest Six in South Florida Crime Ring
- South Florida Man Kills Children
- Fatal Crash on South Florida Highway
- Three Men Arrested for Inhumanely Slaughtering Animals in South Florida
- FBI Arrests Two South Florida Mayors
- Crocodiles Rebound in South Florida