Toddler Reported Missing in South Florida
Published January 14th, 2013
Around the state, investigators in South Florida are searching for a child who's been gone for more than an year, but has just been reported missing.
Hallandale Beach police say Dontrell Melvin was last seen in July of 2011 when he was just five months old.
They say his 20 year old father told the boy's mother that he'd given him to his parents to have a better life.
Police say that exchange may have never happened.
Baby Dontrell's mother waited until last week to report him missing.
Authorities have taken the baby's father into custody.
He's considered a person of interest in Dontrell's disappearance.
- Van Poyck Executed for Murder of South Florida Corrections Officer
- South Florida Drug Scandal Causes FHSAA to Rethink Testing Policies
- Crocodiles Rebound in South Florida
- Cigarette Thieves Hit South Florida
- Silo Collapse in South Florida
- South Florida DJ Battle Heats Up
- South Florida Man Kills Children
- Plane Makes Emergency Landing in South Florida
- South Florida High Speed Car Chase
- Fatal Crash on South Florida Highway