Woman Gets Life For Killing Ex-Husband
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - A South Florida woman has been sentenced to life in prison for fatally shooting her ex-husband.
A Palm Beach County judge sentenced 66-year-old Donna Horwitz on Thursday after a jury found her guilty of first-degree murder.
Reports say that Horwitz and her husband Lanny Horwitz had divorced, remarried and divorced again in the decade leading up to his September 2011 murder. The two had moved back in together, trying to reconcile, when authorities say Donna Horwitz used two revolvers to shoot her husband 10 times in their bathroom. Prosecutors say Horwitz believed her husband was involved with another woman.
A defense attorney argued that the couple's son, Radley, was responsible for the murder. The father and son had a rocky relationship, and the son stood to gain $500,000 from the father's life insurance.
- Woman Sentenced To Life In Prison For Accident Involving Officer
- Bartow Man Gets Life in Prison for Burning Father
- Five More Horses Positive For Equine Herpes Virus in Florida
- Police Find New Evidence On Aguilar's Case
- Man Guilty Of Infant's Death
- Woman gets 50 years for killing woman with car
- Ocala Woman Behind Bars For Killing Her Husband
- Man Gets 25 Years for Killing Woman
- Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Killing Stepfather
- Convicted Pa. Abortion Doctor Gets Life in Prison