Death toll stands at 51 in Moore, OK. Medical examiner told to expect at least 40 more bodies...20 of them children.
Woman Gets Life For Killing Ex-Husband
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - A South Florida woman has been sentenced to life in prison for fatally shooting her ex-husband.
A Palm Beach County judge sentenced 66-year-old Donna Horwitz on Thursday after a jury found her guilty of first-degree murder.
Reports say that Horwitz and her husband Lanny Horwitz had divorced, remarried and divorced again in the decade leading up to his September 2011 murder. The two had moved back in together, trying to reconcile, when authorities say Donna Horwitz used two revolvers to shoot her husband 10 times in their bathroom. Prosecutors say Horwitz believed her husband was involved with another woman.
A defense attorney argued that the couple's son, Radley, was responsible for the murder. The father and son had a rocky relationship, and the son stood to gain $500,000 from the father's life insurance.
- Woman Sentenced To Life In Prison For Accident Involving Officer
- Bartow Man Gets Life in Prison for Burning Father
- Ocala Woman Behind Bars For Killing Her Husband
- Convicted Pa. Abortion Doctor Gets Life in Prison
- Senate Kills Prison Privatization Bill
- Man Sentenced To Prison for Killing Professor
- Senior Citizen Kills Wife Before Taking His Own Life
- Man Gets Life Sentence For Fatal Robbery
- Woman Killed in Boat Crash
- Husband Threatens to Kill Wife with a Knife