BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Police say a South Florida man killed two of his children before killing himself.
According to Boynton Beach police, Isidro Zavala killed 12-year-old Eduardo Zavala and 11-year-old Mario Zavala at their mother's home early Saturday.
The boys' mother told detectives that she was watching TV when she heard a commotion. She went to check on the boys and saw Zavala choking one of them.
Police say the mother tried to fight off her estranged husband, but it was no use.
Police found one boy dead on a patio. The other was found dead in the kitchen. Police say Zavala was found dead in the kitchen of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Police say no abuse or domestic violence had been reported at the home. The couple also has a 19-year-old son.
- Funeral plans set for slain North Florida detective
- Slain Tampa Teens Remembered By Graduating Classmates
- Parents of Slain Black Teen Want FBI Investigation
- Mother Drives Three Children Into Ocean
- Two Missing Children Found Safe, Asleep in a Car
- 50th Annual Fine Arts Festival in Cedar Key This Weekend
- 62nd Florida Folk Festival This Weekend
- Several Children Injured In I-75 Crash Involving FHP Trooper
- Children of Andrew Still Recall 1992 Hurricane
- 2 Florida Children Accidentally Run Over by Mowers