Crist: I Didn't Know About Greer. Friend: He Did
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Former Gov. Charlie Crist says he didn't know an ex-GOP chair was taking a share of donations, but a lobbyist says Crist told him he was OK with the arrangement.
In a deposition released Thursday, Brian Ballard said Crist told him then-party chairman Jim Greer and executive director Delmar Johnson would take over state GOP fundraising and be compensated for taking on the extra role.
In his deposition, Crist said he knew Johnson was taking on fundraising responsibilities, but not Greer. Crist said the party chairman is always expected to raise money without receiving extra compensation.
Shown Ballard's statement, Crist said, "I don't believe it's truthful."
Greer will be tried on theft and other charges. He is accused of funneling party donations to himself through his private company.
- 2nd Suit Claims Cruise Ship Didn't Help Castaways
- Rain Didn't Dampen Spirits Of Medieval Fair Visitors
- Rain Didn't Dampen Spirits Of Fans At Gatornationals
- Mother Outraged Driver Didn't Help Child
- Lawyer Didn't Believe His Innocence Says Frye
- Jury Foreman Says Arias Testimony Didn't Help Her
- Former Florida GOP Leader Jim Greer's Defense Ready
- Get to know... Jungle Friends Primate Sanctuary
- Prosecutors Don't Want Trial To Be About Martin
- Crist Vetos 'Landmark' Energy Bill, Says It's Not Enough