Man Fires Shots Inside Office Building In Largo
LARGO, Fla. - Largo police say a man walked into the lobby of an office, pulled a gun from his waistband and fired several rounds into windows and doors before shooting himself in the stomach.
Police say they don't think 52-year-old Fred Michael Sumner aimed any of his shots Wednesday at people in the building. Witnesses told officers that he aimed at lobby doors and windows. He then shot himself in what police characterized as an attempted suicide.
Sumner was hospitalized but his condition wasn't immediately available. He has been charged with criminal mischief and shooting within an occupied building.
Police said he was distraught over an alleged affair that his wife was having and that she worked in the building. No one else was injured.
- Police Standoff Created as Wanted Man Barricades Himself Inside Jonesville Area Home
- A Man Identifies Himself as an Officer, then Rapes a Woman
- Man Shot by Gainesville Police Officer During High Speed Car Chase
- Hawthorne Man Accused of Making Death Threats, Firing Gun Shots
- Officer Shot, Wounded in 6-hour Standoff
- Miami Officer Shot
- Shot Fired in Sanford
- Shots Fired During a Routine Traffic Stop in Jacksonville
- Police: Man Robs McDonald's Through Drive-Thru Window
- Man Dies after Jump from Window