Deputy Involved in Fatal Shooting
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A Palm Beach County deputy has shot and killed a man after he allegedly threatened his wife at knifepoint, then charged the deputy.
Sheriff Ric Bradshaw said 49-year-old Daniel Lee Rhodes punched his wife during a very violent confrontation Friday night and warned her if she called police he would chop her into pieces.
Deputies have been to the residence several times over the years on domestic calls.
On Friday night, the woman's daughter called 911. A deputy arrived in less than a minute and met Rhodes in the garage. The sheriff said the deputy told Rhodes to drop the weapon, but Rhodes charged him with a knife.
The deputy then fatally shot Rhodes.
Bradshaw said the deputy saved the family's life. The deputy's name has not been released.
- Manatee Co. Officials Identify Deputy Involved in Shooting
- Deputy Fatally Shot-Suspect
- Argument Over Texting Leads To Fatal Shooting Inside Movie Theater
- Fatal Police Shooting
- Fatal Shooting in Miami
- Columbia County Shooting Involving Deputy
- Details in Deputy Involved Shooting
- A Teen Shoots A Volusia County Sheriff's Deputy
- Two Tampa Bay Deputies Shoot Suspect Several Times
- 1 Dead in Police-Involved Shooting in St. Pete