Details Released On Two Deaths Near Golf Course
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say two bodies found near a Tallahassee golf course were a woman who shot her young daughter and then killed herself.
The Leon County Sheriff's Office on Wednesday identified the two as 22-year-old Jenna Porter and 3-year-old Scarlett Porter.
Their bodies were found early Tuesday evening by golfers at Hilaman Golf Course. The golfers called 911 and stayed on the scene until deputies arrived.
The sheriff's office says the mother and daughter lived in an apartment complex close to where their bodies were found. Investigators determined that Jenna Porter fired the shots based on evidence and witness statements.
They say the handgun used in the shootings was found at the scene.
Preliminary autopsy results indicate both died from a single gunshot wound to the head.
- Golf Course Worker Turns In $36,000
- Bullied 12-year-old Girl Commits Suicide
- Fla. Spent Nearly $173,000 Extra on Security
- 2 Dead in Fiery Crash Near Jacksonville
- Boy, 4, Nearly Drowns On Disney Cruise Ship
- Defense Releases Photos, Texts of Trayvon Martin
- Coast Guard to Help Release Baby Sea Turtles
- Man Charged With Jacksonville Girl's Death Denied Bail
- Man Sentenced to 14 Years for Dog's Death
- Man Gets Life Sentence for Boy's Death