Family Reunited with Run-away Dog After 6 Months
PANAMA CITY, Fla. (AP) - A Panhandle family is celebrating following a reunion with their Australian shepherd, who ran away.
The News Herald of Panama City reports that Holly Julian of Chipley says she recently found Abby on a Facebook pet-adoption page established by the Animal Rescue Control of Bay County.
Abby, who had been allowed to wander around Julian's neighborhood without supervision, disappeared in July. She was picked up by animal control on July 23 and later adopted to another family.
But the adoptive family decided against keeping the dog and she was put up for adoption again.
That's when Julian found her dog on the Facebook page. She's since welcomed Abby back home.
- 2 Fla. Men Arrested After Hauling Away ATM
- Substitute Teacher Sent Away After Hearing Voices
- Military Family From Live Oak Reunited Overseas
- MotherDaughter Reunited after a Year Deployed
- Sisters Reunited After 60 Years Apart
- The Search for a Circus Runaway
- Family of Man Run Over and Killed by Police Seek Justice
- Investigation Underway After Dog Mistakenly Killed
- Beach Worker Run Over After Falling From Tractor
- Man Faces Charges After Leaving Dogs in Hot Car