Florida's Unemployment Falls to 7.8 percent
TALLAHASSEE - Florida started the new year with 7.8 percent unemployment, the lowest since November 2008, the state reported on Monday.
January's lower rate also puts Florida's unemployment below the national unemployment rate of 7.9 percent for the first time in five years.
The state's rate was last below the national in January of 2008.
- Florida's Crime Rate Dropped 6.5 Percent in 2012
- Florida Unemployment Rate Drops to 9 Percent
- New Website for Florida's Unemployed
- Slight Rise in Florida's Unemployment Rates
- North Central Florida's April Unemployment Figures Released
- Fla. Unemployment Rate Drops Again to 7.1 Percent
- Fla. Unemployment Rate Remains Flat at 7.1 Percent
- Fla. Unemployment Rate Drops to 7 percent
- Fla. Unemployment Rate Drops to 6.4 Percent
- Florida's Law 'Stand Your Ground' is Here to Stay