Missing Baby Found Buried in Backyard
HALLANDALE BEACH, Fla. (AP):
A South Florida medical examiner says a baby boy whose remains were found buried in the backyard of a home died as a result of a homicide.
The Broward County medical examiner's autopsy was released Friday for 5-month-old Dontrell Melvin, whose remains were discovered in January after officials realized he had been missing for 18 months.
The report says the boy died by "violence of undetermined means."
The boy's parents are currently in jail, with 21-year-old Brittney Sierra facing neglect charges and 27-year-old Calvin Melvin charged with giving police false information.
The parents have blamed each other in statements to police. The autopsy results could mean more serious charges against them.
Sierra's attorney called the autopsy results vague. Melvin's attorney did not immediately respond to an email seeking comment.
- Body of Missing Diver Found in Atlantic Ocean
- City Ends Program Allowing Backyard Chickens
- Missing New Orleans Teacher's Car Found, Body Inside
- Police: Dead Boston Bombing Suspect Buried
- Florida dad arrested after baby dies in hot car
- Baby Dies of Head Injuries; Man Arrested
- Ten Month Old Baby Attacked By Pit Bull
- Coast Guard to Help Release Baby Sea Turtles
- Bodies, Debris Confirmed From Missing AirAsia Flight
- Police: Ga. Teen Abducted From Home Found Alive