Tampa Woman Gets 7 Years For Baby's Death
BARTOW, Fla. - A Tampa woman has been sentenced to seven and a half years in prison for failing to protect her infant daughter from her boyfriend.
A Polk County judge sentenced 20-year-old Tianna Irizarry on Monday.
She pleaded no contest in November to neglect of a child with great bodily harm.
Authorities say Irizarry and her boyfriend, 29-year-old Eric Trinchet, were staying at the North Lakeland home of Trinchet's aunt last April.
reports say that the two had been using prescription drugs when they got into an argument and Trinchet violently shook 7-week-old Isabella Irizarry.
Isabella was hospitalized with head trauma and other injuries a few days later and pronounced dead several days after that.
Trinchet pleaded no contest in September to manslaughter and aggravated child abuse. He was sentenced to 20 years in prison.
- Tampa School District's Special Needs Policies Under Review After Student Death
- Woman Gets Life For Killing Ex-Husband
- Gainesville Woman's Death Ruled Homicide
- Choosing A Baby's Genes
- Philly Abortion Doctor Guilty in 3 Babies' Deaths
- Kentucky Woman Pleads Guilty in Pregnant Woman's Death
- Woman Sells Her Baby for a Truck
- Fire kills 75 year old woman and at least 44 dogs
- Police: Man Kills Girlfriend's Cat, Threatens To Kill Woman
- Bradford County Ex-Coach Gets Jail Time In Vegas Casino Death