Tampa Woman Gets 7 Years For Baby's Death
BARTOW, Fla. - A Tampa woman has been sentenced to seven and a half years in prison for failing to protect her infant daughter from her boyfriend.
A Polk County judge sentenced 20-year-old Tianna Irizarry on Monday.
She pleaded no contest in November to neglect of a child with great bodily harm.
Authorities say Irizarry and her boyfriend, 29-year-old Eric Trinchet, were staying at the North Lakeland home of Trinchet's aunt last April.
reports say that the two had been using prescription drugs when they got into an argument and Trinchet violently shook 7-week-old Isabella Irizarry.
Isabella was hospitalized with head trauma and other injuries a few days later and pronounced dead several days after that.
Trinchet pleaded no contest in September to manslaughter and aggravated child abuse. He was sentenced to 20 years in prison.
- Grandmother Speaks Out About Baby's Death
- Woman gets 50 years for killing woman with car
- Man Gets 25 Years for Killing Woman
- Fla. dog owner gets 10 years in boy's death
- Tampa Man Accused of Abusing, Killing 3-year-old
- Tampa School District's Special Needs Policies Under Review After Student Death
- Woman's Roof has Leaked for Three Years- Now She's Getting a New One
- Woman faces 30 Years for Hit and Run Death
- Woman Gets Life For Killing Ex-Husband
- Woman Killed, 5 Year Old Seriously Injured in Car Accident