Mother Charged In Infant's Bathtub Drowning
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A Tampa woman has been charged with manslaughter after authorities say her baby drowned while unattended in a bathtub.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office reports that 22-year-old Sierra Latara McMillan placed her 7-month-old son in the tub Sunday afternoon and started the water. When she answered her apartment door for a solicitor, she reportedly left the water running.
The solicitor told deputies that he could hear the water running and the infant crying while inside the home. The baby stopped crying after a few minutes. The solicitor says McMillan eventually went to turn off the water. She returned and asked the solicitor to come back another time.
An autopsy listed the infant's death as an accidental drowning.
McMillan was arrested Monday and being held without bail.
- Man Guilty Of Infant's Death
- Son Faces Neglect Charges After Mother Found Dead
- Police Officer's 3-year-old Child Drowns
- 1-Year-Old Girl Drowns in Family's Swimming Pool
- Abandoned Infant Doing Well in DCF Custody
- Florida Infant Mortality Rates Fall To Historic Low
- 'Hiccup Girl' on Trial on Murder Charge in Florida
- Man Charged With Jacksonville Girl's Death Denied Bail
- Air Force Airwoman Charged in Boyfriend's Murder
- Suspect in Tampa Home Invasions, Assaults Caught