WWII Era Bomb Recovered In Keys
KEY WEST, Fla. (AP) - An inert Word War II era bomb has been recovered in the Florida Keys.
The Monroe County Sheriff's Office reports that the device was recovered Sunday from the shoreline at the end of old Boca Chica Road, not far from a Naval air station.
A reserve bomb squad technician responded just after noon to a report that someone walking in the area had found the device. The bomb tech recovered it and determined it was no longer explosive.
The bomb was removed from the water and will be destroyed.
- 61 Tons of Silver Recovered from WWII Shipwreck
- Florida Keys Man Charged with Threating Officials
- FBI: Orlando Man Fatally Shot in Boston Bombing Probe
- Audio Experts Play Key Role In Zimmerman Hearings
- Several Key Motions Set in Trayvon Martin Case
- Key Vote on Immigration Set in Senate
- Woman Dies on Fla. Keys Dive Trip
- Search For Missing Child In Longboat Key, Back On
- 5 Key Moments From First Week of Zimmerman Trial
- Florida Governor Reappoints 3 Passed Over Agency Heads