Man Pleads Guilty To Fatally Stabbing Bears Fan
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A Jacksonville man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Chicago fan at a popular waterfront shopping area before a Bears/Jaguars football game last fall.
Matthew Reid Hinson pleaded guilty Tuesday to second-degree murder. He faces a possible life sentence.
Authorities say the 28-year-old Hinson slashed 42-year-old William Pettry's neck with a pocket knife at Fionn MacCool's, an Irish-themed bar and restaurant at the Jacksonville Landing. Police say Pettry and a friend were talking to Hinson's wife before the stabbing happened, which may have angered Hinson.
Pettry, a married father of three, was in town for the October 7th game the next day.
- Man Charged With Jacksonville Girl's Death Denied Bail
- Man Guilty Of Infant's Death
- Man Guilty of Daughter's Starvation Death
- Florida GOP Congressman Pleads Guilty to Cocaine Charge
- Hazing Suspects Plead Not Guilty To New Charges
- Two Men Arrested in Fatal Stabbing in Boynton Beach
- FBI: Orlando Man Fatally Shot in Boston Bombing Probe
- Man Fatally Wounded at Florida Shooting Range
- US Soldier Pleads Guilty in Afghan Massacre
- Boston Bombing Suspect Pleads Not Guilty