Toddler Left in Vehicle Dies; S. Fla. Mom Arrested
KENDALL, Fla. (AP) - A South Florida woman faces aggravated manslaughter charges in the death of her 11-month-old son who was left inside a vehicle.
Miami-Dade police officers arrested 30-year-old Catalina Marista Bruno early Friday, hours after the boy was pronounced dead at Kendall Regional Hospital.
Police say Bruno left the boy in his car seat when she returned home Thursday.
After an undetermined amount of time passed, police say the boy's father asked where the child was. Bruno recalled leaving him in the vehicle. That's when Amos Osceola ran outside and took his son out of the car.
Police say the boy was unresponsive, so Osceola took him to a nearby fire station for medical attention. They transported him to the hospital. The child's body temperature had reached 109 degrees.
- Fla. Toddler Injured After Falling from ATV
- Woman Dies on Fla. Keys Dive Trip
- Fla. Court Rules Against Police Over Pot Arrests
- Fla. Woman Arrested in Death of Fiance in Tennessee
- Sebelius to Make Stops in Fla. for Health Care Law
- Fla. Man Accused Of Forcing Wis. Teen To Be Prostitute
- Feds: Fla. Owes Millions in Medicaid Overpayments
- Fla. Senate Revises 'Parent Trigger' Proposal
- Fla. College Presidents Given Expensive Perks
- Fla. School Tells Students to Drop Online Classes