4 Injured When SUV Rams into Florida Waffle House
COCOA, Fla. (AP) - Four people were injured when the driver of a sports utility vehicle rammed into a Waffle House in Cocoa before leaving the scene.
The Florida Highway Patrol says the crash happened about 3:50 a.m. Friday at the restaurant near Interstate 95.
Troopers say they aren't sure why the driver accelerated and crossed over the curb outside the restaurant. Witnesses said he backed up and then fled the scene before authorities arrived.
A Brevard County building inspector declared the restaurant safe, but advised managers to use caution.
The FHP is looking for the SUV, which should have significant damage to the front end.
- 1 Killed, 1 Injured When SUV Hits Orlando Bus Stop
- Injured Florida Skydiver Says He'll Jump Again
- Florida House Passes Ethics Bill
- Man Hit Victim With SUV After Family Fight
- Zimmerman Helped 4 Out of Wrecked SUV
- 2 killed, 6 Injured in Interstate 75 Crash
- Fla. Toddler Injured After Falling from ATV
- Deputy Injured in Hit-and-Run Crash
- 2 Dead, 6 Injured in 6-vehicle Panhandle Crash
- 3 Dead, 8 Injured After Vehicle Hits, Kills Bear