Arkansas Man Drowns Off Panama City Beach
PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fla. (AP) - An Arkansas man drowned while swimming in the Gulf of Mexico off Panama City Beach.
Authorities say 68-year-old Douglas Eugene Cotnam of Mountain Pine was pulled from the water around 3 p.m. Tuesday.
Panama City Beach Police Chief Drew Whitman says double red flags warning of hazardous swimming conditions were posted shortly after Cotnam was pulled from the water. It is a violation of a Bay County ordinance to enter the Gulf when double red flags are flying.
Reports say Cotnam was taken to a county pier where an ambulance was waiting.
Whitman says two other people were hospitalized Tuesday in water-related incidents. A man drowned nearby on Saturday and rescuers pulled about two dozen people from the water between Friday and Monday.
- Arkansas Man Drowns Off Panama City Beach
- Child Possibly Bitten by Shark in Panama City Beach
- Boater on Fishing Trip Missing in Gulf of Mexico
- Boy Falls from Panama City Balcony
- Two Rescued and Two Missing off Horseshoe Beach
- Natural Gas Spill in Gulf of Mexico
- Man Visiting for FL/GA Game Drowns in Jacksonville Pond
- Naked Homeless Man Chews Off Another Man's Face
- Ex-Marine Jailed-Mexico
- 6 Year Old Boy Almost Drowned at City Pool