Girl Who Lost Feet In Lawnmower Gets Prosthetics
TAMPA, Fla. - A toddler whose feet were amputated after her father accidentally backed over her with a riding lawnmower is taking her first steps on her new prosthetic test legs.
Ireland Nugent has been in a wheelchair and undergone seven surgeries since the April 11 accident. She was fitted with her new legs Monday and promptly took off walking as soon as they were on.
Reports say she has already become emotionally attached to the legs.
When the prosthetist said he would need the test limbs back, the little girl said she wanted to keep them.
Ireland will get to practice with them Monday night in the hotel room before receiving her finished prosthetics Tuesday.
- Toddler Leaves Hospital After Lawnmower Accident
- Man Who Killed Longest Python Gets its Snakeskin
- 2 Florida Children Accidentally Run Over by Mowers
- Fleeing Man Run Over by DeLand Officer
- Police Searching For Man Who Posed As Cop, Assaulted Woman
- Officials Search For Man Who Shot At Deputies
- 'Hiccup Girl' on Trial on Murder Charge in Florida
- Man Charged With Jacksonville Girl's Death Denied Bail
- Police: Girl, 8, was Victim of Predator
- Fla. Girl, 7, Critically Hurt in 6-Story NYC Fall