Heavy Rain Floods Streets
In state news, flash floods are being blamed for a road giving way in Mount Dora causing several cars to get stuck.
Crews closed the street yesterday.
The flooding was caused by Tuesday's heavy rains.
A city spokesman says there was no sinkhole, but part of the road was simply moved around by all the extra water.
Several cars were left tilted along the side of the road, having been parked at the curb when the storm swept through.
- Tubing Through Flooded Streets
- Heavy Rain in East, and Snowflakes for Some
- Heavy Rains May Lead to "Mosquito Madness," this Hurricane Season
- Heavy Rains Push Car into Drainage Ditch
- Heavy Rains Cause Tree to Fall Through Ocala Home
- Still Dry Even After Heavy Rains
- Three sinkholes within three miles, heavy rain is to blame
- Chick-Fil-A Supporters and Critics Flood the Streets of Gainesville
- Street Flooding
- Pedestrian Killed on 13th Street- Are Our Roads Safe?